According to the he U.S. Food and Drug Administration and the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2.55 million U.S. middle and high schooler reported having e-cigarette (3.6 million middle and high school students and 85% of those youth used flavored e-cigarettes. It’s very important to educate people on the proper usage of vaping devices.
Vaping has become increasingly popular over the past few years, but with its rise in popularity, there’s also been an increase in health concerns and safety issues. It’s essential to know the do’s and don’ts of vaping to ensure you’re doing it safely and responsibly.
Vaping in Public
With many people choosing it as an alternative to smoking, vaping is generally considered safer than smoking, there are still rules and etiquette to follow when vaping in public.
Here are some dos and don’ts to keep in mind:
Dos of Vaping
- Know the rules: Before vaping in public, ensure you know your area’s rules and regulations. Some places may have banned it altogether, while others may only allow it in designated areas. Make sure you respect these rules and follow them accordingly.
- Be considerate: Vaping produces vapor, which can be bothersome to others if you need to be more careful. When you are in public, ensure you’re not blowing vapor in people’s faces or enclosed spaces. Try to find a spot where you’re not bothering anyone, and if someone asks you to stop, do so politely.
- Keep your equipment clean: Dirty or sticky vaping equipment can be unappealing to others and leave a bad impression. Make sure you clean your equipment regularly and keep it in good condition.
- Use common sense: Just because you can vape in a certain area doesn’t mean you should. Use common sense and be mindful of your surroundings. Avoid it altogether if you’re in a crowded area or around children.
- Drink Water: The vapers often drink less water. Already the vape contains Propylene Glycol, which is naturally dehydrating. The vapers should try to drink more water. Otherwise, they will face negative consequences.
- Take care of oral hygiene: The vapers should punctually visit the dental hygienist as vaping does spoil the dental hygiene and cleanliness of the mouth. Brushing the tongue, using floss twice daily, and brushing regularly will keep them safe from oral health issues.
Don'ts of Vaping
- Vape where smoking is prohibited: Many places that prohibit smoking also ban vaping. Don’t assume that it’s allowed just because vaping doesn’t produce smoke. Always check for signs or ask a staff member before doing it in public.
- Blow clouds of vapor: Blowing large clouds of vapor in public can be intimidating and may bother others. Be considerate and try to keep your vapor production to a minimum.
- Vape in enclosed spaces: Vaping in enclosed spaces such as elevators, restrooms, or small rooms can irritate others and may even be against the law. Continuously vape in well-ventilated areas to avoid bothering others.
- Vape around children: While vaping is considered safer than smoking, it’s still not advisable to vape around children. Children may not understand what it is and could be frightened by vapor clouds. Be mindful of your surroundings and avoid vaping around children whenever possible. And yes, do keep your vape devices and e-liquids away from children.
- Don’t Leave It in the Sun: Putting your vape under the sun will be risky as it will damage its consistency and spoil its taste. Also, avoid keeping/forgetting on the seat of your car on a sunny day as it might catch fire/explode due to being overheated.
- Don’t Charge It with Your Phone or Laptop: While discussing charging as a subject, don’t charge it with your phone or laptop as vapes come with their cords and chargers. Also, they require a particular voltage. Wrong voltage will damage the vape and its system. It is better to charge it with a vape charger.
In conclusion, vaping in public requires a certain level of consideration and respect for others. Follow these dos and don’ts to ensure you’re vaping responsibly and not bothering those around you.
Remember that vaping is a personal choice; not everyone may be comfortable with it. By being considerate and mindful of others, you can promote a positive image and make it a more acceptable practice in public spaces.